Sunday, October 01, 2006

DEAL OR NO DEAL


So my friend Paul at work, heard about the open casting call that Deal or No Deal was having in Chicago. Being a hardcore fan of the show he and his wife decided to drive the 13+ hours from Pennsylvania where they live to try to get on the show. Everybody at work offered advice and suggestions about the application that he filled out and also how he should approach his interview to best present himself to get on the show. I've seen a few behind the scenes shows that talk about the audition process and I know you have to be interesting or you don't move on to the next round. Paul's got a big, fun personality so I knew it wasn't going to be a stretch for him to be outgoing. Except for my natural pessimism, I thought he had a good chance. He left Friday morning for the Saturday audition. He called me late Saturday afternoon, and he GOT A CALL BACK! Woo-hoo! He was planning to drive home Sunday, but they have asked him to stay until Monday and do a dress rehearsal of the show. It's that awesome??

No comments: