Monday, April 20, 2009

Movie Weekend

Judy and I have been wanting to get the Donny Osmond version of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat on dvd as faithful readers will know. We, if you remember, have it on video but our VCR went caput. Anyway, we went to Best Buy (on our way to Five Guys for lunch) on Saturday to see if the megastore had it. (Walmart didn't, duh.) To my shock--no Joseph at Best Buy.

Hmm, what to do, what to do....Amazon? Sure, that's the solution, right? Just order it online. I need K-cups coffee anyway. (Yeah, I order my coffee from Amazon--wanna make something of it?) But...wait, maybe they have a VCR/DVD combo here at Best Buy. I looked for one at Walmart with no luck. Are they still making 'em? What if they aren't? I still have videos..lots of videos. Okay--yeah..let's check that out. Not only did they have one--it was dvd recordable. Gotta have that. I can now put all my home movies on dvd for family. All the videos of my mother telling her life story into the camera can now be shared out! They'll be so grateful, I know. So that's how we ended up with a VCR/DVD recorder combo. I thought it was a great solution, but Plan B definitely cost way more than just buying a new Joseph on dvd.


Once we had the new machine hooked up, something I did with some verbal assistance from the injured (Judy), we had to try it out. Judy is usually our go-to girl for this kind of technology installment so I was somewhat challenged to learn a new skill set. First we watched our video of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream with Donny Osmond as Joseph. We had to test the vcr part of the machine, see. Then we had to test the dvd part of the machine--so that's when we watched Narnia: Prince Caspian.

Overall, Prince Caspian was good--but there sure were a lot of battle scenes. We had to give the ff button a bit of a work out. I was also surprised the movie started with a woman screaming while giving birth--seemed an inappropriate start to a kid's movie. Judy and I also kept saying--is that in the book? because the whole Peter leads an attack on Lord Miraz' castle didn't ring any bells. Meanwhile, Caspian was a cutey--but what was up with the Spanish accents for all the Telmarines?

With the screening of Prince Caspian and Bolt (over spring Break), I can brag that we have now watched a total of TWO movies of relatively recent release in the last few...six-ish months. What can I say, we're real movie hounds in my house.

No comments: