Saturday, February 28, 2009

Continuing the Theme

Now that I'm not reviewing a new book every other day, I've sort of lost my sense of purpose on the blog. Now that my next post isn't already planned, it's like I can't remember what I used to post about. (I know, I know, I just dangled a preposition. Tough.) The result will likely be some stream of consciousness posts.

My current reading is the latest in the Lois McMaster Bujold The Sharing Knife series. I'm enjoying it and it's buzzing along pretty quickly. I'm sure I'll finish it today. I have, as anyone who knows me can tell you, a to-be-read stack of mammoth proportions, so finding something else to read is not a problem.

I am feeling some pressure due to the 2009 Reading Challenge to start a biography. I have one on Mary Todd Lincoln which I'm about half way through--which I could finish. I carefully set up the rules of the reading challenge so that book started but not completed could be grandfathered in for credit. (Heh heh. That was devious I admit because I knew I had the Lincoln book out there and a book on Robert E. Lee which is also half finished----oh yeah, and a book on George Washington which is half finished.) I bet my discerning readers will have noticed a pattern in my reading habits. I'm not wildly fond of biographies that end up being dry and boring. Give me real life, passion, conflict, and the behind the scenes stuff.

The big plan for the weekend is to finally complete some chores that have been hanging over my head. Finish my tax returns. Mail some packages to family. Clean the house. Buy new kitchen knives with Judy's Solo Strong award money. Oh yeah--and DON'T MESS UP MY BACK again. I feel pretty strongly about that last one. One thing you can be sure of--in the narcissistic world that is my blog---I'm be telling you about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An outstanding share! I've just forwarded this onto a friend who has been doing a little research on this. And he actually bought me lunch due to the fact that I discovered it for him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending some time to talk about this issue here on your site.

My webpage: weight management