Thursday, February 26, 2009

This n That

I finished the last of the J. D. Robb's, Salvation in Death, over the weekend right before my back went kerplunk. As a result, I wasn't in shape to write up a review. (I know, Betsy, you don't like the reviews anyway.) I had made a habit of writing up the latest review before starting the next book because I didn't want to get confused about story lines and what happened in what book. Unfortunately, then the latest J. D. Robb, Promises in Death, came out and I couldn't wait to read it. Since I've already read it, I now don't want to write the review of Salvation. Actually, I don't want to write a review of Promises either. I'm kinda sick of writing reviews of In Death books. So, I'll just say that Promises ROCKED! I cried buckets. There. That oughta do it. After reading so many In Death's in a row, I have to say the brief hiatus between the twenty-seventh and twenty-eighth books felt strange--like something was missing. If I get desperate to re-enter Eve and Roarke's world, I'll probably haul out the four or five novellas. But for now--finis.

No comments: