Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Got my bracket done...

I've filled out two different sets up brackets for the upcoming NCAA Basketball Championships. In one, I've followed my head and gut, in the other I've followed my heart. So in Bracket #1, Gonzaga is winning it all, finally. In Bracket#2, Illinois is winning it all, finally. I would certainly be happier with the second than the first, since my heart is with Illinois. I do think Gonzaga is going to go far this tournament, because they know that this is Morrison's last chance and their best chance. Sometimes, one player's ambition can carry the team to the end.

In Bracket ONE, my first round picks are: UCONN, UAB, Washington , Illinois, Michigan State, North Carolina, Seton Hall, Tennessee, Villanova, Arizona, Boston College, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgetown, and Ohio State on the right side of the bracket. On the left side; Duke, GW, Syracuse, LSU, So. Illinois, Iowa, NC State, Texas, Memphis, Bucknell, Pitt, Kansas, Indiana, Gonzaga, Marquette, and UCLA.

In Bracket TWO, my first round picks are: UCONN, KY, Utah State, IL, George Mason, Murray State, Seton Hall, Tennessee, Villanova, Wisconsin, Montana, Boston College, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgetown, and Ohio State on the right bracket. On the left bracket: Duke, George Washington, Syracuse, LSU, West Virginia, Iowa, NC State, Texas, Memphis, Arkansas, Pitt, Kansas, Indiana, Gonzaga, Alabama, and UCLA.

As the discerning will note, Bracket TWO has many more upsets and long-shots. Bracket ONE follows a more traditional route with higher seeds winning most matchups. Where will my points come from? I LOVE March Madness. It even makes up for the fact that Survivor was a recap this week and we won't have a new episode for three weeks.

No comments: