Sunday, January 18, 2009

To be a dork or not to be a dork...

that is the question. Since last year, Judy has been a enthusiastic believer in Crocs. She bought two pairs of the Mammoth crocs for winter--one to wear with socks and one to wear without socks (more as a slipper). She also has one pair for summer. The winter ones are red. She even has the doodly things you buy to stick in the holes...jibbitz.


I just can't get my mind around how ugly they are so I have resisted following her into dork-land. But I've been jealous. I'm laaazy. When we run out to the store on the weekends I don't want to have to put on socks and shoes--there's bending and tying and it takes time. In the summer you can just slip your feet into flip-flops. I want a flip-flop for winter. How to get what I want without dorkiness? Well, I can't. So I have descended into dorkville with these ugly things from Walmart. In my defense, I only paid $7 bucks for mine (not $40 plus jibbitz). I think I can still claim the high ground here. I think.


3 comments:

Jen said...

I myself don't mind the crocs, Kabe has a couple pair & we love how easy they are for him & Adam has summer flips, however, the moral high road or alternative option could be either these:
http://zeta.zappos.com/search/ugg%20slippers or these: http://zeta.zappos.com/product/7346262/color/714 or even these: http://catalog.birkenstockcentral.com/vc3bc/partnumber/%5E=TF=6716$/template-b//

I am ALL about shoes and comfort! =)

Robin said...

I checked out your link. I LOVE the black birkenstocks. I am a big fan of birkies already and the black were a great winter shoe--without the ugly of my pinkswirl things. My ugly ones do still win on price--however, shoes are worth paying for. ;p)

shirley said...

I have Crocs for summer. In the winter, I have some wool Stegmanns that I have had for YEARS. They keep my feet warm and don't have the Crocs "look" to them.

My only issue with Crocs for summer is the holes - your feet / socks get dusty / dirty. I don't like that.