Sunday, January 04, 2009

The To-Be-Read Stack


The tbr pile for most dedicated readers can be quite large. After all, one's acquisition of books out-paces one's ability to read them--what with life being so busy and all. (The need to work for a living really cuts into my free time.) Some romance readers can claim tbr piles in the hundreds, maybe even the thousands. I'm not going to try to compete. I'm not proud of my compulsive purchasing of books since it is evidence of my paranoia. Basically, I'm afraid they'll stop publishing the books I like to read, therefore I need to stockpile them. Some people stockpile non-perishable food and water in case of a natural disaster. I stockpile books in case the entire publishing industry goes nuts or bust. Anyway, this is just a selection of my tbr.

No comments: